- Brief CV
· More than 25 years of advisory services to internationally operating businesses
· Background as a tax manager with Arthur Andersens, Sydney, Australia
· Law graduate and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of NSW, Sydney, Australia
· Created more than 400 hours of courses on international tax and delivered these in some 40 cities throughout the world, at open and in-house events. Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific.
· Frequently asked to speak at and to chair conferences on international tax
· Has written a 650 book on tax treaties for Lexis Nexis UK (the Interpretation and Application of Tax Treaties)
- Full CV
Ned Shelton is a graduate in law and commerce (UNSW) and qualified as a Chartered Accountant (Australia) in 1985.
In January 1986 he left Arthur Andersens in Sydney (where he was a Tax Manager) to move to Denmark to take up a position as International Tax Manager at the head office of Copenhagen Handelsbank. At the time the Bank was the second largest in Denmark, with operations in 10 countries.
In 1989 he moved to the Netherlands where he founded Horwath Tax Holland/Sheltons. After six years working with international tax matters in the Netherlands, he returned to Denmark, where he set up Sheltons (International Tax Counsel), Sheltons Corporate Services and Sheltons-SITTI (Sheltons International Tax Training Institute). In addition to his extensive Danish related work, he is still deeply involved with Dutch tax and trust company matters.
Mr Shelton was a member of the International Tax Committee of Horwath International from 1990 to 1993 and Chairman from 1993 until early 1996 when he moved back to Denmark from the Netherlands. He was the editor of the Dutch chapter of each of three highly regarded loose-leaf publications on international tax, published by CCH and written by Horwath International. He was also on the editorial board of the same three publications. He has written numerous articles in Danish and international tax journals. He has written a book for Lexis Nexis UK on the the area of tax treaties and international tax planning. For further information please click here
He is a sought after speaker on international taxation and during the last 20 years has spoken on the subject in many different countries and is also frequently asked to chair conferences. Since commencing the specialist international tax training arm, Sheltons-SITTI, he has developed more than 400 hours of international tax training courses and delivered numerous in-house and open courses in 30 countries throughout the world.
These days Ned focuses on assisting businesses setting up abroad.
Ned speaks fluent Danish and reads Dutch, Norwegian and Swedish.
Feel free to contact Ned directly: